Friday, July 22, 2011

Kett cosmetics Airbrush Foundation

Hey Loves!!  I recently ordered the Kett cosmetics Hydro foundation system.  Pictured above is the sample pack of foundations in 7ml. 

I had a bridal consultation on Saturday and I used my Dinair system and foundation.  I added the dewy that comes with it but for some reason I still wasn't getting the "dewy" look that my bride wanted.  I always do half a face with airbrush and half with regular foundation. 

Needless to say she liked the foundation side best.  After 4 hours(YES 4 HOURS...this was lipstick changes and trying to get a sheer  look) she booked me for her wedding.  I got to thinking maybe it was the dinair foundation, but I realized I've used it on other brides and  they liked it.  Anywho I decided to give Kett cosmetics a try.  Being that now I get a discount I wanted to try it out and see if this may help some.


This airbrush system can be used with a sponge, brush, fingers or an airbrush.  I really liked that about the foundation.  I also order the yellow corrector to see how it compare to my yellow concealer.  It is great!!  I love it.  So I did a few swatches.
                                                                  Yellow corrector
                                                                       Foundation in R9
                                                                Added the yellow corrector
                                                                    Mixed and blended
I will say that I ran water over my hand not trying to wash it off and the water basically beaded up and ran off of the foundation!  I had to scrub in order to get the foundation off.  The finish was still rather matte. 

I was hoping to be able to use this on my bride either airbrush or applied with a sponge but I don't think I will be able to being she wants a sheer finish.  Yes I explained to her about her pictures and needing more coverage she said she wanted to look like her self.  But she doesn't wear makeup at all.  The bride is always right!  Ha!

My overall review of the product is that it's gives great coverage and definitely water resistant.  I can't wait to try it in my airbrush machine.  I'm considering purchasing the Kett airbrush machine.  But for now my Dinair is still a go!! 


**FTC Disclosure... these are my opinions and I purchased this product with my own money***

2 comments:

  1. I get brides like that ALL the time. I explain that women in magazine who look natural actually have lots of makeup on. But these brides are women who don't wear makeup so when they see the end result, they feel like they look like a clown or something. It's frustrating but you stuck it through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica I just didn't want her to be dissapointed when she see her pics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...