Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hard Candy CC creme with SPF demo and a review!

 

Today I'm doing a quick review on Hard Candy's CC creme with Spf15. I picked this product up a few months ago and had never used it. About 2 weeks ago I gave it a try for a few days and decided to do a review. Following will be pictures of the process I used to apply the product and what it looked like after a few hours of wear. At the end of the pics I will give my opinion as honestly as I can.

So here I am with nothing on my face besides lip balm on my lips.

I applied the product using a real techniques powder brush.

As you can see I've already done my brows and the product appears to be very dewy or moist.

 

Taking another small Real Techniques brush I begin to blend and spread the concealer out.

Using my beauty blender I begin to do more blending for an airbrush and seamless finish.

 

Once my concealer is well blended to my liking I take a large powder brush by real techniques and apply MAC's mineralize skin finish in deep dark to take a way some of the shine.

 

Here are the final results! I forgot to mention my color selection was dark. As far as a good color match I'd say pretty close.

So here I am about 5 hours later. I used Urban Decays De-slick spray to set with. I love the spray because with my normal routine it holds my makeup for atleast 8 hours! Well not so with this CC creme. As you can see through my blurred pic ...lol...there is some shine poking through around my nose area and my forehead. Ok my T zone is shiny! Lol.

I found it to slip and slide a bit through out the day and if I touched my face it left fingerprints. So I had to wash and sanitize my hands constantly. I've been on the hunt for a great BB creme or CC creme and basically still no luck!

Since these pics I have yet to use the product again. Now I will be honest and say maybe I used too much . But I believe even with a small amount it may still be a tad bit oily for me. I have combination oily skin and believe this may work for someone with dry or dry combination skin. If you give it a try definitely start with a small amount. I personally like a medium coverage with my foundations and sometimes full coverage. Is this product buildable? I personally wouldn't try to because of the oiliness. Would I repurchase? Maybe once I've mastered the oil control. Would I recommend this product? Like I said earlier I believe this would work for someone with dry skin.

 

I may give this another go. Once I do and if I like it I will be sure to share with you all!

 

Have you tried this product? If so I'd love to hear your feed back and how it worked for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...