Monday, January 13, 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer

 

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very relaxing. I managed to hit up Walgreens and CVS this weekend and last week.

 

While in Walgreens I saw the display for the Rimmel stay matte foundation and primer. Unfortunately there were not a huge shade selection in the foundation collection but I did pick up the primer. I had also picked up the new covergirl primer as well(I will have a seperate review of that later). Why did I buy two different primers? I have no idea! Lol. I'm just always on a hunt for a great primer for my oily combination skin and really anything to combat a little sweat here and there. But can I tell you all that this primer right here is a winner!!

 

I wanted to wait until I did my haul video to brag on this product but I could not hold my excitement in any longer! Of course the day after buying it I had to give it a go! Immediately I liked the texture of it and could tell by the feel of it that it would pretty much do what it described to do. I will be honest and say that I thought initially it would only hold up for about five hours. Can I tell you that I know I got at least nine full, long hairdresser hours out of this! OMG! Normally during the day I get oily in my T-zone and on a busy day my forehead may sweat and my foundation begins to slip. Well honey, let me tell you!!.....I'm going through my day as normal and around let's say my six hour after putting this on, I was at work and had finally got a break and looked in the mirror and I couldn't believe what I saw. My makeup looked as it did when I put it on first thing that morning! I started to touch my face just to be sure I wasn't crazy...lol and yes it was still in place! I was like WHOA! I really couldn't believe it! I thought about what I had did different to my routine. I had also picked up some of the B6 spray by Urban Decay last week and had spritzed my face with that prior to my moisturizer, the rimmel primer and foundation. So I assumed the combo must have did the job. Well I wanted to see if this was really the case. The following day I used the primer again and my regular moisturizer's(I've been mixing 2.) and the same result. Actually I wore my foundation longer this particular day and didnt take it off till I was ready for bed. I normally take my foundation/makeup off as soon as I get home.

 

I'm really considering going all of them off the shelf before they're gone! I'm just joking! But I do think I need to go get a back up!

 

Price: $4.99 ($1.00 coupon at Walgreens )

Long lasting

I have no cons for this product! I hope they keep it in stock and keep it as a regular item!

Have you tried this primer? If so tell me your experience! If you haven't tried it and your an oily girl like myself don't walk but run to your Walgreens!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...