Thursday, October 7, 2010

Night Of the living Dead(halloween Look)

Hi guys! I know a tad bit early for halloween but I wanted to get a jump start on a halloween tutorial. To let you all know this is actually my very first special fx attempt. I'd say not too bad. But I do look forward to doing more special fx looks and tutorials.

As usual I created as I went along. I knew that I wanted to make some fake scars but no fake scar is complete without some fake blood and a black eye. Ok maybe not two black eyes but hey you get the picture! Lol. I used Ben Nye's scar and nose wax and pretty much used my 120 palette for the bruised areas. Combining red, purple and black to achieve the bruised look out of the palette. For the blood months ago I purchased a make up halloween kit from the cvs which had fake blood in it. I also used spirit gum to attach the scar and nose wax. What I did find out using the spirit gum is that you need for the spirit gum to become tacky before applying your wax.

I can't wait to do another fx tutorial. Also I purchased some fake scars from Spirit Halloween but have yet to try them out. But do believe I will try and get a tutorial up using those before halloween. After halloween I will start doing holiday tutorials on great party and holiday looks. I hope you all enjoy! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...